Thursday, October 29, 2009






















Be still my heart, a chess dress, or more realistically, a tunic that could use some leggings. Mod, rainbowy, and geometric. Figurative and yet with moments of abstraction. This was so lovely I just had to post it. The construction is nice as well, with the mock turtle neck, but it doesn't detract from the print which is the real star here.

I've found a number of chess prints over the years, and I had to look very hard for them. Chess prints are rare indeed. One can go months, even years without seeing one.

Labels:

2 Comments:

Blogger hollyhaha said...

Would you wear it as a mini dress or over slacks?

11:21 AM  
Blogger samsara said...

Hello Ms. HaHa!

I'd wear this over a short hot pink skirt and include leggings and go-go boots for good measure. It looks way too short on the model, but she could be 5 foot 10, in which case the hem line would hit me somewhere around my knees.

12:06 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home