Thursday, August 27, 2009










Oh, goslings, this is the dress that brought me out of retirement. It's just too succulent to keep to myself. And besides, it doesn't fit me, it's too small. Perhaps you can wear something with a 34 inch hip? Go on, you know you want it.

Isn't it just dripping with summer goodness? Don't you just want to nibble on it?

I am very devoted to Vera prints. I have a few that I love, but nothing this spectacular. Though her work has always had a following, the faux-retro, overpriced Anthropologie has recently latched on to her. I was shocked to discover that someone has unearthed a corporate video of her from the 70s,(complete with long shots of the lighted buttons of analog computers that controlled the color for fabric printing) and had it playing on very low volume on a monitor in the Anthropologie store. There was also a display of some of her scarves. Sadly, whoever installed the set-up nailed them to each other and to the wall. Now, I'm not precious about things, but, ouch! And some were silk too. Oh, the humanity.

So, what the hell happened to me? Well, it's been an eventful year, both good and bad. A lot to process. I'm a regular factory now, processing things, not ready to issue official statements. I attempted to post a couple of times, but couldn't for some reason. I'll be dusting off some elderly posts over the next week or so, and putting things into perspective. Just for the record.

Please go get this watermelon dress. It would look so adorable on you. Wear it to picnics and boardwalks. Summer's not over yet.

4 Comments:

Blogger midafternoonsnack said...

Oh Samsara! You have been dearly missed and I am happy to see a new post after a hiatus. Welcome, welcome, welcome back!

12:02 PM  
Blogger samsara said...

Dear Ms. Gastronomic Grad Student! Thank you so much for kind remarks--you totally made my week!

9:03 AM  
Blogger fuzzylizzie said...

Samsara,
That old company prosuction film was made in part by Vera's nephew, Fred Salaff. I would imaginr the company either got it from him, or it is possible there were copies in the Vera archive.

Lovely having you back!

Lizzie

6:33 PM  
Blogger fuzzylizzie said...

Opps, make that proDuction!

6:34 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home