Wednesday, February 28, 2007







Wild, wild horses. Couldn't drag me away. Prancing full-bellied horses nearly butt heads with birds and trees in this thrilling 40's frock. The seller describes its condition as a bit frayed and worn here and there, but in good wearable condition nonetheless. Original belt. B 40, W 30, H 40. 40s rayon doesn't come cheap, but at $59.99 this seems like a fair price to me.
I was just in Anthropologie (no, I am not going to link to them). Though I like their dresses, I am always appalled by their prices. All those cute little day dresses were weighing in at $100 or more. I was on the phone with my mother, who agreed: the prices were too rich for her blood. But have we all become too accustomed to cheap new clothing? If garment workers were paid appropriately, wouldn’t all dresses be in that price range?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home