Thursday, July 08, 2010































A bookish library print scarf in a gray color way features Don Quixote in Italian. What serendipity. Other books included are Flaubert's Madame Bovary, and Emile Zola's Nana , and a few cobwebs besides. It is available from SmartyPantalons.

While it's too warm to wear this now (NYC broke 100 degrees the other day--I'm still melted), library prints are exceedingly rare so I recommend snapping this one up. It is not cheap, but again, I almost never see library prints, and I am constantly on the look out for them. Constantly.

And in my exhaustive searches I found this other charming bookworm, who, just by reading will be transformed. This mug is available from Booloobird on etsy. I love the caterpillar's freckles and bent antennae.








































Does anyone else remember this ad campaign to get kids reading? It's been many years since I've seen this poster. I saw it first in the lovely Macondo bookstore on 14th Street, which is sadly now long gone (and yes, Macondo is the name of the fictional village in Gabriel Garcia Marquez's One Hundred Years of Solitude). Si no leo me aburro is one of my mottoes. I would like to embroider it on everything. Tea towels, bedding. It says: If I don't read, I get bored.(aburro - burro, isn't that cute?)

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home