Wednesday, June 25, 2008























Photo print with erupting volcanos. Explosive halter dress (I couldn't resist) with tropical scenes. Flowers, lava, sailboats on lightweight polyester with a deep plunge in the back. I love the panel in the front of the bodice. Perfect for a summer afternoon into the evening.

Bidding ends in mere hours. If I could, I'd get this one and wear it with a white shawl, and lots of white plastic jewelry. If I had 30s bakelite bracelets in blue, I'd do that too. I'd wear this dress to sip white wine with friends at one of those free NY Philharmonic performances in Central Park. It could even go to the Opera or the Ballet with different accessories.

Maybe if I wore this dress I'd find a friend with a boat. Not one of those dinky things where you fear for your life the whole time, no. A boat with a crew of its own so you can just sit there and stare off into the sunset with out hoisting sails and fumbling with things you know nothing about. See what I mean, there's just something preppy about this Hawaiian dress. It would look good with navy topsiders, or espadrilles. You could even tie a sweater around your shoulders cause it gets chilly on a boat.

I really love photo prints. Here are a few from The One That Got Away file:





















Jaunty, nice and fun, right? I love the ladies on the hoodie and the castles on the poncho.


But here is the real show stopper. This could have been one for the Polyester Museum of Fine Art. Most photo prints just slap images together without any thought. But now and again, someone gives the photo print it's due, choosing and assembling images with care and insight. Finding images that vibrate against each other, yet are still complementary. Here the roses are collaged into a garden, their colors matching and almost camouflaging the artwork. This one makes me kvell.



Labels: , ,

2 Comments:

Blogger Pratishtha Durga said...

The halter dress is mind-blowing. No, it really is. I just can't take my eyes off it. I can just see myself sailing off in a yacht in that dress...

Love all the prints you've featured. But would easily kill for the first one.

3:12 AM  
Blogger samsara said...

Ah, Ms. Prati, this dress would look lovely on you indeed.

I'll bet there's another one out there somewhere just waiting for you.

9:30 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home